Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Grandpa's visit!


So, for those of you who've been following my blog, you'll remember that almost a month ago my grandfather, Nagypapa, passed away. Well, my Dad decided to embark on a week-long road trip from SoCal, to Hilton Head Island, SC, with his sister who was taking Nagypapa's old car (literally, old... it's like an early 1980s Ford Wagon) home. After arriving safely in South Carolina, and spending a few days with my Aunt, Uncle and cousins, Dad hopped on a train up here. I had kept his visit a secret from the kids. So when the day came we told them we were going for a drive. And of course we were met with all kinds of "Where are we going"s, and "Are we almost there"s, and "Please tell us"s. We arrive at the train station, and tell them that we thought it would be cool to watch trains. They were still totally oblivious. After waiting for about 10 minutes, the train finally arrives. And the one and only passenger to step off was my Dad! Madi was the first to realize when she saw one of his bags before she saw him. She turned around and said "Grandpa!" to us, and then the other kids caught on and took off running to him! It was pretty cool to have pulled off a surprise like that! We had a great week with my Dad, and he was even able to go to one of Caiden's soccer games, which they won! The week came to an end all too quickly, however, and on Saturday after Kami's dance class, we headed up to Raleigh to take Dad to the airport. Here are some pictures from our visit!
Grandpa always makes sure to keep our freezer stocked with yummy ice cream treats whenever he's here!

Kamrynn loving on Grandpa

Eating palacintas! (A Hungarian treat... I imagine they are very similar to crepes)

Madi & Grandpa hanging out at Caiden's soccer practice.

Caiden & Grandpa

Hugs goodbye!

Thanks, Grandpa, for coming out and spending time with us!! As always, we had a great time, and can't wait for you to come back to Goldsboro... don't stay away too long!

2 comments:

Priemer Family said...

What a nice treat to see your Dad again...I can't believe you kept it a surprise, I've never been able to pull off surprises like that! I love the red wall and curtains by the way....more pics of that!

Mary said...

I LOVE you Dad!!! I miss him and your mom!! How fun!!