Sunday, July 12, 2009

Bird Strike!!!

So back in April, when the kids were still in school, I was driving home from picking them up. I kept glancing from the road to my rearview mirror, so I could see Caiden as we were talking about his day. I looked from Caiden to the road and saw something fly at me, I heard a big crash, I screamed, and I said, "What the heck was that?!?!" I happened to look out my driver's side window and noticed that my side view mirror was pushed up against my window, and the mirror was dangling from it... the next second it was GONE!!! Still totally confused about what has happening, I quickly glanced in my rear view mirror again, just to make sure that there weren't any cars passing in the opposite direction that I could've possibly collided with as I was talking to Caiden.. who knows, maybe I drifted?!?! Nope, no cars... GOOD!!! So I pull over to the side of the road so I can turn around and go find my mirror, and as I do this, I notice something fluttering in my window... it's a FEATHER!!! I hit a bird, or maybe the bird hit me! Who knows.. it all happened so fast! It was quite possibly the weirdest driving experience I've ever had. So I retrieved my mirror and also searched a little for this poor (but STUPID) bird, but I never found it. This bird did quite some damage, too... but thankfully, my side view mirror has now been replaced!

My poor mirror!!!!



The feather....


Bird blood on the back of my mirror?


Possible bird beak that caused the deep chip in this paint?

4 comments:

JKLMNPeterson said...

That is so crazy. We had a rock come out of no where but a bird. They can do some damage.

Priemer Family said...

That is funny! One time a bird hit my windshield and got stuck in my wipers....when I tried to get it off my car, it just kept going back and forth over the windshield...it was awful!

Makala said...

Christi- That's just gross!!! I'm glad I only had to remove a feather and not an entire bird!!!

Anonymous said...

Bird strike!!